How to Help
As the interest in this program has grown among many adults locally, the fundamental notion of helping those less fortunate than oneself has taken shape as well. Teaching children to help other children is a life lesson that is learned through being part of The Birthday Box program. We have included our children and those that we know in the packaging aspect of the boxes which has taught compassion and awareness of their peers and the life challenges they face. We hope to continue to expand the pool of recipients of The Birthday Box with help from the community to insure all children who need a Birthday Box receive one. Anonymity will remain our primary concern as it proves to be crucial in maintaining a family’s pride and dignity which is something all people deserve.
Give back by donating to the Birthday Box for a needy child on his or her birthday:
We accept only new and unopened toys and supplies. We would love to reuse your medium-sized card board boxes in good condition and recycle them into Birthday Box delivery boxes. Please contact us to arrange a pick up or drop off of any boxes you don’t need.
- Make a donation. We will use your gift to purchase toys and supplies for the boxes.
- Donate a new toy or gift card (We provide gifts for children ages 0-16 yrs.)
- Donate a bakery gift certificate
- Donate wrapping paper or a corrugated brown box
- Donate a package of candles, a new package of party plates, napkins and/or forks (no bulk packages, please)
- Donate new party decorations (blowers, party hats….)
- Donate batteries for electronic toys, packing tape and scotch tape for wrapping
Due to the nature of the way our boxes are packaged and delivered we do not accept:
- birthday invitations
- blank birthday cards (store purchased)
- treat bags (treat bag items are ok)
- bulk packaging of plates, napkins, forks, etc (each box is packed for one child’s party 8-16 guests)
- Opened, used or partially used items
Other ways to help:
Sponsor a Birthday Box: Make a donation in honor of someone’s birthday, anniversary or special milestone and give a needy child his or her birthday wish.
Give Back at your Birthday Party: Collect gifts at your party to donate to The Birthday Box. You’ll be able to celebrate your impact on many children in the community.
Host a Collection Drive: Hosting a collection drive in your community or with an organization you belong to can help many children.
Donate dollars for every social media birthday wish or “Like” on your birthday: Put your social media birthday wishes to work and donate $1 (or more) for every birthday wish or post “like” you receive.
Participate in one of our fundraisers
See our News/Events page for details.